1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will I be able to load my games from this external HDD?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Googlrr, Jul 1, 2007.

1. Googlrr

Googlrr Member

Supports Windows 2000 and up, connects through USB 2.0, 20GB of space, formatted for FAT32, Powered by USB (but is able to power with external source if needed). Looks like this.

[​IMG]

I'm curious to put my games on an HDD because it seems more convenient than using DVD's.

:Edit: Also, is the USB method slow? like, are the loading times reaally slow? I've heard they are :O

Last edited: Jul 1, 2007
  2. immortal5

immortal5 Regular member

PS2 usb slot is only 1.1 so yeah it will actually be slower then using your regular laser. Not worth the hassle in my opinion. If you have the fat ps2 you can get a network adapter and add a ide hard drive which will be faster.

3. Googlrr

Googlrr Member

I'm gonna get it anyway. The disc I'm using is already slow loading times (getting 1st class DVD this weekend to fix that) but I only can use the DVD burned on Wednesdays so I need the USB thing for the other days, because my grandmother doesn't like me using her DVD burner when I have my own laptop >.>

I did see somewhere that the PS2's usb was only 1.1, but I don't have too much of a problem with slow, as long as it works.

4. Seclude

Seclude Member

I have an external 260GB hard drive with USB 2.0 and I want to play my games from it. I tried so hard trying to figure out how, bu I can't find or figure anything out. What do I need and what do I need to do?

5. Googlrr

Googlrr Member

Do you have USBeXtreme or USBadvance? I'm not sure but I think those are used to load from an external Hard drive.

6. immortal5

immortal5 Regular member