1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

will i be banned

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by shikami, Feb 5, 2005.

1. shikami

shikami Member

I'm thinking of getting a Xenium Ice solderless chip, and i am not planing to up grade my hard drive(mainly because of the marriage theory) and i was wondering if there was any way that i could be banned from live, other than leaving my chip on, which turns itself off when u go to the retail kernel, if i understand the info.
    I am mainly intrested in backing up my games, and if possible watching the many avi files that i have on my comp, thru my xbox,to my tv. If i have misunderstodd anything please let me know, as well as any bios progs or dashboards that might be handy, thanx

2. satman69

satman69 Member

You won't be banned from live if you ONLY connect to live when the chip is off and it boots the original M$ bios and M$ dash. It's also heplful if you go to the settings screen in the dash when you boot with no disc in and go to the network settings, then goto the auto sign in option and turn it off. That way you won't accidently log on to live with the chip on.

3. shikami

shikami Member

thanx

4. satman69

satman69 Member

No prob, I was a noob like you, about 2 weeks ago. Just read tutorials and ask questions in forums like this, and you'll learn alot.