1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will I be banned?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by nhlman72, May 19, 2007.

1. nhlman72

nhlman72 Member

I only plan to play backups and don't really use live except for demo downloads and arcade (I don't play online multiplayer at all), I recently flashed with CE4 on my Hitatchi and wanted to make sure that I still can perform the spring update without being banned or bricking my xbox, or do I need the update at all?

2. mufaa

mufaa Regular member

Yes, you will need the Spring Update if you ever plan to connect to Live...for demos and videos etc.

No one can guarantee you that you won't be banned or something. No one knows. Try your luck.

3. ssj4_2004

ssj4_2004 Member

You'll get banned for sure. If You go online. I'm pretty sure the only way out of it is to buy a mod-chip that has an on/off switch.

4. nhlman72

nhlman72 Member

Can I run the spring update and choose to never go online, will I be safe then?. Will the fact that I go online to download the spring update harm me?

5. ssj4_2004

ssj4_2004 Member

Honestly, I don't know. I don't think anyone knows for sure yet.

6. nhlman72

nhlman72 Member

what about just downloading the spring update alone and that's it

7. mufaa

mufaa Regular member

If you aren't going to connect to the internet then why bother with the Spring update? It has no must get features....only the new achievement popup.

Anyway, no one can tell you for sure if you will get banned or not. It's risky but give it a try. Whats the use of NOT knowing if you are banned or not? Nothing. If a solution does come....it will most probably be a workaround, right?

8. WiganScum

WiganScum Member

My personal thoughts on this are that eventually everyone with modified firmware will be banned from Xbox Live whether they go online or not. If you don't download updates sooner or later you'll receive a game which insists you update your console in order to play it. At this stage I reckon your console will also be banned from live even if you've never connected up.

I have no doubt MS have had the capabilities to ban consoles for sometime. It is no coincidence that release of beta Halo 3 has resulted in some firmware hacked consoles being banned. The most hotly anticpated 360 game since launch? My guess is before you play Halo 3 you will be forced to update your console either online or via the game disk.

They'll catch us all eventually. Just my opinion, I no evidence to back up any of my thoughts. This is a sad day, I'm not banned yet but I'm living on borrowed time.

9. JoeyBoy

JoeyBoy Member

you Know WiganScum its like the ps you have to update your system in order to play certain games unless you have a hack or something. But as far as everybody getting banned with a modded console it will happen just a matter of when. I unfortunatley got banned yesterday
    I have a ms28 sammy with 5.2 Xtreme never went online until I had it modded played fine since yesterday. Also downloaded halo 3 beta played it for an hour or so. But mostley been playing gears of war online man will I miss that game it kicked ass. Oh well just have to suck it up and live with my mistake :(

10. JoeyBoy

JoeyBoy Member

I meant psp not ps lol

11. mufaa

mufaa Regular member

WingScum...you are right. But what abt genuine 360 owners who do not have broadband in their house or a convenient way to connect to the internet. Lets no assume there aren't any. There are plenty of them and for them MS has to cater no matter what.

JoeyBoy- I guess the fact then you went online (as in multiplayer) got u banned. I have a Sammy MS28 5.2A Extreme and haven't been banned yet. I try almost everyday. Even download some stuff to check if everything is indeed fine. My system has never been online...its still virgin. I always have Silver account. Maybe that's saving me from the hammer? Who knows.