1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

will it mess up my hdtv?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by bulldog12, Nov 18, 2004.

1. bulldog12

bulldog12 Member

ive heard that if you play ps2--xbox or any type of game on a big screen tv it will mess your tv up
    any truth to this?
    i have a sony 57in. hd wide screen tv & payed like 3 grand 4 it & dont want to mess it up & cant afford to either. will i be safe playing a ps2 on it or should i play it on one of my regular tvs in one of the bedrooms. has anybody else played on a big screen for so & so YEARS

Last edited: Nov 18, 2004
  2. Xenokai

Xenokai Regular member

thats only with the older consoles like snes or sega genisis the new one are all fine <ps1,n64,dreamcast,ps2,xbox,gc> will not mess it up just dont leave it paused with the tv on that could mess it up but leaving a still picture on any big screen would do that even with movies but ur fine.

3. bulldog12

bulldog12 Member

im not saying that you dont know, but PLEASE tell me how you know

4. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

the only reason that it could mess it up is if exact same picture is left on your tv for a long time causing burn in. But the newer games are constantly changing the picture so it doesn't hurt the tv.

5. diabolos

diabolos Guest

Yes and no. The only people that really have to worry about consoles harming there TV are people with projection (front or rear) based TVs.

Now a quote from the inside cover of my, popular X-box video game, game booklet:

Bungie says:

It gets no planner than that bulldog12,
    Ced

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2004
  6. bulldog12

bulldog12 Member

mine is a projection, i think