1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will My Computer Work with a DVD+R Drive?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by JoeDirt, Apr 30, 2003.

1. JoeDirt

JoeDirt Member

I have a Pentium III, 500MHz, 64MB RAM. I also have 10 Gigs free hard disk spave( I Used 20 of my 30 Gigs).
    Will I need to upgrade My Memory?

Sorry if This is a repeat question. I know how people freak out when the same question is asked. I did search the other messages.

2. c7015

c7015 Regular member

it might be in the wrong forum but since I have the time I will answer

first off you will be able to burn dvd's with your current setup but you may get more coasters because of your lack of ram. so when you are installing your burner you may want to consider going up to at least 128MB. Since Ram is dirt cheap I would rather have the benifits spread over the whole system than loose some dvd's

the second issue that you may have is hard drive space if you are just using your burner to copy ps2 games than you will be find but if you get into ripping movies you will need more space since movies can be 8 gigs(on dvd9 discs) so to copy these you will need to rip the files to your hard drive then strip all of the extra features and lanuges and then make essentially a new movie which will creat a new 4.7 gig file + you will have the original 8 ...so you can see the problem with space. So you should have 20 gigs free for movies if you are going that way...

hope this helped

3. JoeDirt

JoeDirt Member

Thank You For Your Help, I'm gonna go buy some RAM, and Thanks for not yealling at me. I am using my drive for PS2 games so I figured this was the right forum.