1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will my PS2 play PAL games ?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by LILfeatha, Feb 25, 2005.

1. LILfeatha

LILfeatha Member

hey guys,

right now i still dont have my flip top + swap magic 3.3 mod (will get in 2 months, havent even got a place to buy it yet, someone is trying to sell it to me but he replies like once a week via email he says he's busy or w/e..)
    now.. my PS2 is v7 NTSC, and i have 2 originals which are Tekken 4 and MK:DA which are both, of course, NTSC aswell... now, the PS2 works on this unknown brand TV which is like 15' in my room, will that mean itll play PAL games without me having to do anything like use that patcher thats in a sticky here, or anything of that sort ? so it wont matter if ill burn a PAL or an NTSC ? really hope not.. :p
    if i will, theres this converter thing that alot of people recommend, can i get that ? my friend has it i will ask him to give it to me for a day ill see if itll work (if the PAL games wont work) then if it will ill get what he has.. but i sure hope i wont need it ? if i will i wont have to do any patching whatsoever right ? cause sometimes that wont work.. just use that converter ?

Thanks,

LILfeatha

2. steimy

steimy Active member

i have a PAL game or two and i changed the screen settings on the swap magic and mine worked. check out ps2ownz.com, lots of mod site link who sell the fliptop and swap magic

And unless he is selling his fliptop and discs real cheap i would just search online and get them in a week rather than 2 months

Last edited: Feb 25, 2005
  3. LILfeatha

LILfeatha Member

its not 2 months.. i live in israel and i will get it from an american site (my sister will send them a check or something) and then she'll have it till she comes for a visit and will bring me the stuff.. :p