1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will my UK PS3 work in India ??

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by vishal33, Aug 7, 2007.

1. vishal33

vishal33 Member

Currently im in London and will be going back to india after sometime.. I'm planning to purchase PS3.. I just wonder where i will face the problem ??

1. CONSOLE :-
    UK PS3 - PAL
    India PS3 - PAL

2. BD's :-
    Game BD's are region free - So when i will go back n buy Game BD's from there, ideally they should work..

3. ONLINE PLAY :-
    It should work bcoz i guess it will connect to PAL servers which will be same for both. Right ?

4. BLUE-RAY MOVIES :-
    I think..
    UK - Region 2,
    India - Region 1

5. ACCESSORIES :-
    I think i would just need to change the power socket.. thats all.

So, if the console is PAL in UK and india as well then what is the difference between the two ?????? Is there really any difference in manufacturing the both ??? How it will going to matter if i purchase it from two different locations when the console region is same i.e. PAL

Guys, please dont bluff.. I ONLY NEED EXPERT COMMENTS coz i have to take a final decision in a week or two.

Any help would be much appreciated.

2. vishal33

vishal33 Member

C'mon!! isnt there anyone who can answer my query on this forum ?????????????????
    It is suppose to be 1 of the most common problem of PS3 buyers..

3. Jlhfit

Jlhfit Regular member

the only thing I think you will have to worry about is, the region code for movies and the power socket