1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will my xbox Xplode!!!???

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by sal_va182, Dec 21, 2004.

1. sal_va182

sal_va182 Guest

hi guys,

i just done a mod on my xbox and added a blue neon tube underneath the jewel of the xbox.. all works well and looks awsome. i got the tube out of a cold cathode fan. It came with a fan aswell, i was wondering if anyone knows if i could add this fan, or will it blow my xbox power supply. i have a xbox v1.0(PAL). the fan is a 12v (1.5w). i want to share it with the hdd molex connector. My neon is also sharing the power with the HDD molex connector. So is it possible for the fan, neon and HDD to share the same molex connector, i have all the cables to do this, i just wanna know if the xbox will handle that..

cheers,

2. Wayne_T

Wayne_T Regular member

i dont know about that but for the light how did u get power....u said the HDD power cable right, meaning there is 4 cables which do i ues....red and black begative and posative? and also how did u connect it to them just cut a little plastic off and like twist it around? ty for the help and sorry i couldnt answer ur question but im sure someone will.

3. punqewe

punqewe Active member

I'm sure that the 12v off of the hdd power isn't that bad.....I have a fan that's 12v running off mine and in the past 2 years nuthin has gone wrong yet. About the fan....I would suggest going to the nearest Rat Shack or something and getting a comparable 5v fan and leach off of a controller port for power. It'll do the same work with less than half the draw.

4. Wayne_T

Wayne_T Regular member

if your not sure just plug it into the HDD power cable.

5. uratowel

uratowel Member

yupp i ahve teh same thing mine werks great... but mines a 1.5... dunno if taht amkes a diff

6. Wayne_T

Wayne_T Regular member

man how do i cut off the plastic below the jewl. its like part of the case.

7. punqewe

punqewe Active member

Either a dremel,or you can take the easy way out and get a drill bit (kinda like the ones that you use to make the holes in door for the doorknobs)

8. Wayne_T

Wayne_T Regular member

lol ok will do when i get the chance.