1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will new BB5 unlocking software work with DKU-2 cable?

Discussion in 'Nokia - Unlocking' started by sandisk, May 15, 2007.

1. sandisk

sandisk Regular member

Hi guy's, isn't it just great that certain bb5 phones can be unlocked now for free :)

However I'm having a problem unlocking my nokia 6680.

I've downloaded the software by dejan and I seem to be doing everything fine until I click "Read Phone" and the I get an error msg "Please check fbus connection and restart phone/application".

In the instructions with the software it says you'll need DKU-5 or CA43 cable OR similar.

I'm wondering if it's down to me using the DKU-2 cable as to why I'm having the problem.

Any suggestions on this ?

Thanks
    sandisk

2. etowah

etowah Regular member

In the instructions with the software it says you'll need DKU-5 or CA43 cable OR similar

3. pazzini

pazzini Guest

Have you changed the com to the port you are using ?

4. pazzini

pazzini Guest

1. Connect DKU-5 or normal COM cable to computer
    2. Set proper COM cable (must be, between 1 and 9)
    3. Download unlocker, run `install.bat`
    4. Open file c:/bb5_unlocker/logs/bb5_unlocker.cfg and write here proper COM port (1-9)
    5. Run c:/bb5 unlocker/BB5logunlocker.exe
    6. Click READ PHONE
    7. Click MAKE LOG, log will be created
    8. Enter codes to phone (in /psw/ dir), or
    9. Click SP UNLOCK to enter codes via FBUS

5. sandisk

sandisk Regular member

Hi and thanks for the reply guys!

Quote etowah: In the instructions with the software it says you'll need DKU-5 or CA43 cable OR similar

Well to be honest etowah I'm not an expert on data cables and as I said in my post I have a DKU-2 cable so I thought that could be SIMILAR to a DKU-5. But I guess I'm wrong there.

Pazzini, yeah I'm pretty sure I have the right port.

When I go into my device manager and down to COM ports, it says "COM1" so I opened the file included with the software with notepad and changed it from COM2 to COM1 and ran the bb5 unlocker and when I click "read phone" I get that "check fbus cable" msg.

As I'm googling around, I'm reading stuff about virtual COM ports but to be honest I'm not sure what I'm looking for lol.

I take it the best bet would be to try and buy a DKU-5 cable tomorrow?

If anyone has an alternative to buying the DKU-5 cable as in a software download link to go with my DKU-2 cable I would be very greatful as the DKU-5 cable will cost me around €60- €70 :-(

Thanks for the reply on this guys.

sandisk

6. pazzini

pazzini Guest

As long as you have the cable drivers m8 there should not be a problem.

change the COM in the software just to make sure you have it set correctly, you do this by opening it up with notepad, then applying the setting. (I only got that error when the wrong port was selected.)

If that fails then trying a different cable may help.

You can always return the cable on some technicality ;-)

7. sandisk

sandisk Regular member

Yep I have the cable drivers.

I just changed the COM port in my device manager to COM9 and the changed the file with the software to COM9 with notepad but I'm still getting "Bad connection, check fbus ect..."

Are you using the DKU-5 cable or a different one ?

I was just talikng to a mate of mine and he was saying it could be hard to get a hold of a DKU-5 cable over here (Ireland) in retail outlets and might have to order from ebay. Also with ebay, you can't be sure you're getting the real deal.

Thanks for the help on this guys and any more suggestions on this will be appreiciated.

Thanks
    Sandisk

8. sandisk

sandisk Regular member

Hi guys, just an update on this but I'm still having problems :-(

Basically I purchased the DKU-5 cable today and installed drivers ect and when I checked my device manager it was showing up in "COM5" so I thought great.

So I followed instructions and changed the file with the software to "COM5", I hooked up my phone, I switched it on without simcard and clicked "Read phone".........some writing appeared as in the model of my phone ect....and also my imei number appeared and and msg saying "please wait"....I waited about 5 minutes and then ckecked my task manager and saw the program wasn't responding.

I've tried this a good few times and it's like the program keeps crashing!!

I'm trying to unlock my nokia 6680 and I'm running Xp home edition, and I also tried this on another pc running xp professional but still the same problem.

Any suggestions on this ?

Thanks
    Sandisk

9. pazzini

pazzini Guest

I have heard of this problem and as of yet there is no solution, a lot of members on another site are awaiting Dejan's response.

I have not checked the site today or yesterday so there may be a solution out. Go HERE
    and read all the pages. (there is alot to get through)

Sorry to be of no more help m8, I hope you find a solution soon.

Regards

10. sandisk

sandisk Regular member

Thanks for the reply.

At least I know I'm not alone on this.

Thanks for that link also, I'll have a read through it now.

Thanks again.

Sandisk