1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will not play on my dvd player

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by rachbaby, Feb 3, 2007.

1. rachbaby

rachbaby Member

I'm using Mediashop burn plus to burn an avi file I downloaded. It burns fine and plays back on my computer fine, but when i try to play it in my dvd player (diamond vision) it says unknown disc. Anything I could be doing wrong?

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

I am not to familiar with Mediashop Burn Plus, but if you are talking about the product from Roxio then I would imagine it could create a regular DVD just as Nero Vision Express does? What type of files do you have on the disc after completion (use explorer and look) you should have at least a Audio_TS folder and a VIDEO_TS folder the video-ts folder should have all of you files in there like .IFOs, .VOBs etc.. If not then I would imagine that proggie isn't doing exactly what you are looking at doing.

3. rachbaby

rachbaby Member

there are two bup files two ifo files and a dvd movie file

4. rachbaby

rachbaby Member

also the program's not from roxio. It's Broderbound, it's affiliated with ashampoo

5. rachbaby

rachbaby Member

this is getting so frustrating. i thoguht i had it for sure and all i got to play on my dvd player was the sample movie. When i am prompted to add files I add the ifo files, the bup files and it comes up unknown disc. Should I add the avi video file?

6. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Again I am not familiar with the program you are using at all so I don't want to pretend to know the answer here.

If you downloaded the file than lets try using DivxToDVD this should work for you. If you go to my website (link in sig) there is a guide there that will show you how to do this and you will find DivXtoDVD in the software section.