1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will not recognize DVD

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by tater9104, Mar 20, 2005.

1. tater9104

tater9104 Guest

Do you all have problems with the Shrink not recognizing a DVD as a DVD. I am having this problem with anime and imports alike. They just do not register on my computer or the shrink. The Shrink says [No Disc] and when i still click okay, it says that the media needs to be formatted ... Any suggestions.

2. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

Are you taliking about pressed(DVD-Video) dvds or burned(DVD+/-R/RW) dvds?

3. tater9104

tater9104 Guest

I am talking about actual DVD's that are factory created.

4. hellboi

hellboi Regular member

I'm having the same problem with shrink I also have some asian movies that shrink won't read.

5. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

What are the region numbers of these movies?

6. tater9104

tater9104 Guest

What do you mean by region numbers? Are you taking about the region areas or are there numbers the specify the region as well.

7. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

Which one of these?

[bold]REGION 1[/bold] -- USA, Canada
    [bold]REGION 2[/bold] -- Japan, Europe, South Africa, Middle East, Greenland
    [bold]REGION 3[/bold] -- S.Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Parts of South East Asia
    [bold]REGION 4[/bold] -- Australia, New Zealand, Latin America (including Mexico)
    [bold]REGION 5[/bold] -- Eastern Europe, Russia, India, Africa
    [bold]REGION 6[/bold] -- China
    [bold]REGION 0 or REGION ALL[/bold] -- Discs are uncoded and can be played Worldwide, however, PAL discs must be played in a PAL-compatible unit and NTSC discs must be played in an NTSC-compatible unit.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2005
  8. tater9104

tater9104 Guest

Since they do not come up as having any region code, I suppose that they are region 0 or region all. Are dvd players type specific, such as NSTC DVD Players or PAL? Would that explain why my DVD will not recognize them?

9. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

Where did you buy these movies? Are they from hong kong? If they are, you might have pirated copies. This could be the reason your having issues.

10. tater9104

tater9104 Guest

No, I ordered them from a magazine. I don't that that a magazine would pirate them...