1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will pansat 3500sd power up three lnbs?

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by suchluke, Jan 27, 2007.

1. suchluke

suchluke Member

Here is my problem...

I have a one pansat 3500sd receiver with dish pointed on 119, 110, and 61.5. I am using dishpro lnbs and dp34 switch. Everything works well when I connect only two lnbs the problems starts when the third lnb is connected. It seems that receiver does not send enough power to make all three lnbs working. When three lnbs are connected the singal gets lost few seconds after powering up the receiver. I checked my setup with different switches and different lnbs and it always gives me the same result everything works like a charm when two lnbs are present, but signal gets lost after adding third one. I was thinking about adding dishpro adapter. Do you guys think this would help power all three lnbs? Does any one out there had similar setup working? (1 pansat receiver, dp34 switch, and three satellites) Also the settings on the receivers are correct and all of the cables are fine. Please help because I am running out of ideas.

Thanks

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

To my knowledge, the pansat 3500 should handle all 3 LNBs without a problem, so I'm thinking you have trouble elsewhere.

You say they are dish pro LNBs. The DP LNBs I'm use to seeing are 2 LNBs in one unit. Are you trying to use 2 of these units(4 actual LNBs)? If so I don't think that will work. If you have a triple LNB all in one unit, those don't work with FTA receivers. It has to do with the internal switch not being FTA compatible if I'm not mistaken. Give a little more info on the exact way you have this hooked up. I'm sure the Pansat 3500 should handle 3 single LNBs into a normal 4 input disq switch. That doesn't rule out the possiblity that there is a minor problem with the 3500.

Jerry

3. suchluke

suchluke Member

I have been told that the problem is with the DP34 switch as it requires more power that single pansat is unable to provide when three single lnbs are hooked up. I am waiting for a new 4x1 diseqc switch that I ordered because I fried the one that came with the receiver. I will try to post the results once I will put in new switch.

4. suchluke

suchluke Member

I found the solution by running another cable to the switch and connecting it to dishpro adapter. The whole setup has now three single lnbs connected to dp34, one pansat 3500 connected on one cable to dp34 and dishpro adapter connected on second cable to dp34. Please note that connecting dishpro adapter and pansat on one cable will not work.