1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will playing originals with xtreme 5.3 on XBL get banned?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by aaur4, Jun 23, 2007.

1. aaur4

aaur4 Regular member

i have a samsung ms25, not spoofed to ms28.
    Using xtreme 5.3A.

I just wish to know if i would get banned using originals on XBL.

From what i read, most ppl are comparing their banned/unbanned sets with using backup games, but i will not be using it.

Please enlighten me.

Thanks alot.

2. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

im pretty sure every samsung is spoofed as an ms28

and you probably will get banned.

3. aaur4

aaur4 Regular member

no i did not spoof the drive to MS28, because i read the tutorial and it said "Report the firmware as whatever firmware version your drive is."

i read that a couple of ppl said they got banned after spoofing, and on backup games.

but i still would like to know regarding originals only.

4. scott2k7

scott2k7 Guest

no u will get banned from it its in the rules except mikeismad hasent been banned yet though cause hes good and he puts all his games as stealth

5. aaur4

aaur4 Regular member

"he puts all his games as stealth"

I understand the above is referring to backup games.

I am asking regarding original games, will I get banned if i use originals?

6. scott2k7

scott2k7 Guest

yes becuase microsoft may detect if your drive is flashed theres a new developer which there is a thread here on afterdawn and i think its called Ixtreme look it up on google
    anyways back to the other thread nobody was banned last time i looked and i think thats what mike is on

7. aaur4

aaur4 Regular member

Yes, i know about ixtreme.

to my understanding, it defeats all ms detection attempts on copy games, so till now it is still safe to use copy games on XBL with IXtreme. the games have to be specially patched to be "Stealth" which means the data sent over is "original".

however, i am using Xtreme 5.3. I know there is already a risk of getting banned with copy games on XBL because they can detect the game is copied through the data sent.

but what about originals? logically it would seem that the data sent would be legit. i cant find solid answers on it, which is why im puzzled.

or can anyone who played only originals on XBL with modified DVD firmware tell me if they get banned or not?

8. shinnster

shinnster Regular member

there is no solid answer to this yet dude, no one really knows. but I can tell you a friend of mine still uses 5.3A on live playing backups & originals and is still not banned.
    From all the stuff i have read about it, if you do only play originals then the response time that it takes to load the disk (the time the drive takes to pick up the game) will not change so you may well be safe.

9. aaur4

aaur4 Regular member

thanks shinnster, that was roughly the answer i needed.

10. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

I'm still using 5.3c on an ms28 and have yet to be banned. So I don't thinks it's the firmware MS is detecting, most likely a number of other things (non-stealth bu's, playing before release dates, etc.).

11. aaur4

aaur4 Regular member

yea thats what i was thinking too. its the game that gives away the status of the xbox360. copy games will be read slightly differently than the originals, hence the ban. makes no sense when the firmware still works in the background when reading the originals.

12. Memnock

Memnock Active member

Me too. Acutally I'm running 5.3a and playing stealth backups since then bannings started and still on Live. I'll probably upgrade to ixtreme 1.2 this week to be ready for whenever MS starts added more checks. You'll most likely see and dashboard update or Live "maintanance" before that happens.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2007