1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

will roxio burn dvd that work in stand alone?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by xavier231, Dec 13, 2004.

1. xavier231

xavier231 Member

First off, thanks to everyone who answers these threads. the information on them have been invaluable to my finding out how to back up dvds. The dvds i am backing up with dvd shrink are working fine, and i am burning them using 123copydvd. my question is, is it possible to burn dvds that will work on a standalone dvd player with roxio creater classic version 6.1.0.88? i know i can burn data dvds but i dont know how to burn video dvds. any help would be appreciated. thanks. -J

2. Adder01

Adder01 Regular member

If it has a DVD "UDF/ISO" option then yes you can. Just create the VIDEO_TS folder on the disc and put everything in it.

Here is the Nero guide to help with setting options... http://www.dvdshrink.info/nero-udf-iso.php

Adder.

3. xavier231

xavier231 Member

im not sure how to find out if it has a udf/iso for dvds. what would that be under? also, i have roxio dvd creater, but that seems like a strange program, and im not sure how to work it so that it burns with proper menus and everything. has anyone ever used it before?

4. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hi there xavier231, welcome to aD,

We do have a bit of a problem here - Let's think of Roxio like a $3.00 whore when the Navy fleet comes in - She's a greedy slut messing up everything she comes in contact with. In short, the majority of pple who have Roxio on their PC encounter problems with many other DVD Video appliacations (apps). There are a "lucky" few who, for reasons unknown experience no trouble at all -

For those few who do burn with Roxio Here's one guide -

Starting from when you have your VIDEO_TS folder ready from DVD Shrink, open Roxio's Creator Classic. Pick a new DATA project. Type the movie title where the disc name is (040103_0048). You want two folders inside the main disc: VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS. Nothing is in the audio folder; It's just for compatibility. The video folder should contain the shrunken DVD files and all from DVD Shrink. You can check Project Properties if you like, but it always says UDF file system for me. You can also click Validate Project under the File menu, but again, it always accepts it. The only hairy thing you have to watch out for is misspelling audio_ and VIDEO_TS. Once it's all loaded up, burn it. It's that simple. I'm telling you, it has always worked for me, no errors except when I used some cruddy cheap media. Specs: Roxio Creator Classic Version 6.1.1.7 software.

NOW,
    for the grand total of Zero Dollars and Zero Cents we could use DVD Decrypter, remember, it's FREE when using DVD Shrink and it will burn to disc "automatically". Here's a guide which was written for them and includes DVD Decrypter's download link. (it's about 1/2 way down the page.)

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2/74599

Just a couple of "ticks" in DVD Shrink to tell it that DVD Decrypter is there and ready to burn and 2 "ticks" in Decrypter to set it up. THEN, when you hit "Backup in DVD Shrink, when Shrink is finished doing it's thing, it will use DVD Decrypter to burn your DVD without even opening DVD Decrypter up. You do nothing at all.

Well that's the sales "Pitch" why OK, Here it is - http://www.dvddecrypter.com/

Take it out for a "spin" around the block, Check under the hood, Kick the tires and climb inside and smell that "New DVD Decrypter" "smell". Go home, talk it over with the wife and, if you feel in the morning the way you do now, come back and I'll put you behind the wheel of a Brand new DVD Decrypter at a price so low, you'll think it was free. Huuummm, come to think about it, it is FREE - Well, What are you waiting for ?

Remember to stop back and tell me how you feel about it once you've put some "mileage" on it -

Cheers

Pete