1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will someone make a SVCDto DVD guide please

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by buck84, Oct 30, 2003.

1. buck84

buck84 Guest

I have been doing this for 2 days now tryin to get all this stuff to work. I have read the other threads from the other guys and i have tried them so im lost. I have all the programs i need to do it but i cant get em to work. im am using that dvd lab. and that vcd easy. but i dont know how to take a dat. file and convert it to a mpeg file so the other programs can read it so im like dang will someone help me out please. email me at buck84_69freak@yahoo.com or aol messenger sn is ngbaby84 someone help me please. thankyou

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

OK...Your a Little Confused here, Your Post said to Put SVCD on to DVD but if you are working with "Dat" files then that is Not SVCD but VCD and you can not Burn VCD to DVD useing DVD-Lab but you can Useing Tmpgenc DVD author...OK..With the Dat Files all you really need to do is Re-name them from "dat" to "Mpg", Then you can use Tmpgenc"s Mpeg Tool"s to "Simple Demultiplex" to seperate the audio and Video, then take the Audio file and use Tmpgenc to encode the audio to 48000hz, then after that Just Load the Video file and the 48000hz Audio file into Tmpgenc DVD author and Make a DVD, It is totally simple accept I don"t think you can add Chapters to these VCD DVD"s...Cheers

3. buck84

buck84 Guest

OK so how in the hell do i get to the tmpegnc dvd author cause i dl that one on afterdawn but it want read a dat file. so give me the one that does. and how in the hell am i suppose to change the dat. to mpg. the vcd want save to my harddrive for some reason so im taking it right off the disc so hit me back up and thankyou for helping me but were still not done tho. i need to learn this in the worse way please. so hit me back.

4. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hello

try this! rename the file .EXT from myfilm.DAT to myfilm.MPEG or use VCDesay under tools/mpeg and there is a part there to load .DAT and convert to .MPEG

Then if tmpgenc dvd author wont load it, due to not compliant! load it into VCDeasy under tools section, to make compliant! then try it again dvd author!

also if you have 3 mpegs say a 3 disc svcd movie
    just load the 3 after complainence is done to dvd author it will aslo give you 3 chapter pionts if useing a menu!

then dvd author will give you bup/ifo/vob files to burn!

could you help me abit here have you done any dvd burning before? just so i know how to return the help to you! like easy help or indepth!

Thx...

sorry im lost here are you trying to make a dvd from svcd files? or just put svcd films onto a dvd-r?

EDIT!

use VCDesay under tools/mpeg and there is a part there to load .DAT and convert to .MPEG

Last edited: Nov 1, 2003
  5. Minion

Minion Senior member

He Is Trying to Put VCD/Dat files on DVD...Well you are going to have to get these Files off of the disk ,VCDeasy has a Tool for extracting Dat files off of VCD disks...For DVD Author to Accept these VCD/Dat files you First have to De-Multiplex them (seperate the file into seperate audio and Video Files) you can use Tmpgenc"s "Mpeg Tools" to do this...Then you have to Resample the the Audio to 48000hz for it to be DVD compliant, after re-sampleing the audio you cal load the Audio and Video files into DVD Author seperately and author them to DVD, But I think I said most of this before....Cheers

PS: VCDEasy will Not Do anything to make your VCD/Dat files DVD Compliant cuz VCD"s are allready DVD Compliant Accept for the Audio has to be 48000hz...

6. buck84

buck84 Guest

yea u have to go indepth step by step for me please. i just got my dvd burner like a week ago. so im new the dvd burning game but not the cd buring game. but my problem is just gettin them to get off the disc and to convert all the files to the right fomat. and i really dont know how to use dvd lab worth a shit. so yea please help me if u can it would really help me alot thankyou....