1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will Sony...

Discussion in 'PS2' started by moz, Apr 22, 2004.

1. moz

moz Member

Will Sony still fix my laser for me if the sticker at the back is gone? You know, the one that voids your warranty if you open the ps2. Because I have a V1 ps2, and am worried that when my laser starts malfunctioning and burns out (It hasn't yet, thank god) I wont be able to do anything about it. My friend says that when his ps2 laser burned out, he opened it up and looked around inside. Then, without the sticker at the back, he sent it to Sony and they still fixed it for free. Can anyone verify this? Thanks in advance

2. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

just say thanks that the v1 is STILL working... cuz if it brakes sony will NOT fix for free hell they aint even going to try lol... the best thing is buy a new one when the old will brake down cuz somtiems its beter to buy a new one than waste lots of money on trying to fix it...

3. xPyrOx

xPyrOx Member

my friend said that his ps2 stopped working (a v4) and he sent it to sony with no warranty sticker and they fixed it for free. If you got a modchip in it you might wanna take it out befor sending it to sony, or they might take it or refuse to fix the ps2!