1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

will starview pvr work in dublin ?

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by mozer, Oct 4, 2007.

1. mozer

mozer Member

hi guys, can anyone tell me if the pvr box will work in dublin with n*l. if so what software do i need to get up and running? thanks

2. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Yes it will using 4.50 firmware.

3. corkboy

corkboy Member

Hey guys, anyone got any info or are using The STARVIEW PVR Cable Box, with twin tuner & HDD ready, was looking at this and it seems to be a nice piece of kit, just wondering if it's worth the investment and if it will work in cork on ChourAss?

Thanks
    CorkBoy

4. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Yes it will work on Ch**** cable but not on MMDS. When you say HDD ready it does not mean HDD as in high def, it means you need to install a Hard Disk Drive for recording purposes.

5. corkboy

corkboy Member

thanks for the reply sc0user,

ya i understood about the HDD and not High Def, are these starview pvr boxes as easy to maintain and update as the dbox2, have a nokia dbox2 and it's a sinch once you get the hang of it, but not sure about the starview boxes from what i've been reading.

6. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Its a lot easier than the Dbox but as it is not open sourced you are reliant on the manufacturers firmware releases which can be buggy at times.