1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will the JAPAN version of the playstation 3 work in the UK

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by reeso, Jan 3, 2008.

1. reeso

reeso Guest

Hi guys.
    i was thinking about getting a Playstation 3, and they seem much cheaper in places like china or japan,
    What i want to know is:
    1)Will the Japan version work over here in the UK??
    2)Will the games bought in this country (PAL Version) work on the Ps3 Japan Version??

Any help and info would be really apreciated.

Cheers

2. henryryry

henryryry Member

As far as I understand, PS3 games are region free... thus you can get games from asia and it should play on your PS3. I live in Australia but my sister bought Assassin's Creed from Taiwan, and it worked on my 40 GB PS3 console.

However, movies are not region free...

3. joshjy

joshjy Regular member

seriously mate all the hassel it will cause you i recommend u buy one here its far more simplilar

you do realise that short of goin to japan or china yourself theres no way of getting one shipped here without selling your sole for import charges then youve got the problem of not being able to access the internet here and not being able to paly any other kind of media bar certain ps3 games and then all that shit with power adapters

just fork out the £270 for the uk one and save yourself one hell of a lot of hassel.