1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will the original copy be altered in any way?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by missmel, Jan 24, 2008.

1. missmel

missmel Member

When you encrypt,shrink,copy,burn, etc. etc. do any of these processes physically alter the original dvd in any way? Especially the encrypting process. Is that something that is done from dvd-to-pc or is it done directly to the dvd itself. Can these processes be detected on the original copy? I hope all of that made sense. I'm trying to understand it all a little better. Thanks.

2. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

Phisically, nothing happens to the original DVD that you got at the store.Not to the disc itself, nor to the information on the disc. Put it this way- when it is being decrypted, is like using a "pasword" to get through the "encrypted door" so you could have access to the information stored to the disc. The information is then duplicated on your hard drive, but the original disc remains intact.

3. missmel

missmel Member

Ok thats exactly what I was wondering. Whether it was a process of altering the information to access it or just simply getting through with a "password" like you said. Thank you for the very clear explanation.

4. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

I tried to make it as "clear" as possible:~)!
    That is all that is, your computer software, the decrypter,has the correct "code", or "map" if you wana call it like that, so it can recognize the information stored on the disc.

Is like having an encrypted message on a pice of paper. If you have the right "key", you can translate that message to a different piece of paper without altering the original, which remains unchanged,encrypted.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2008
  5. 2colors

2colors Guest

The question reminded me of "The Blockbuster Chip" and Red DVDS.

6. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

Yeah, I could've went that way:~) LOL, but I thought it was an old gig already! I had fun though!