1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will this combo work?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by PS2N, Sep 20, 2004.

1. PS2N

PS2N Member

Hi and thanks for reading this. As you may notice I'm a total newbie so any kind of help will be appreciated :)

Question/Problem:

I decided to buy a PS2 and browsed a little for offers and decided to get the newest model with the [bold]SCPH-50004 BIOS[/bold]. I've gathered that this is a PAL machine [bold]V9/V10[/bold] (not sure which. Is there a difference?). I also wanted to buy the [bold]Swap Magic / Slide card combo[/bold] to play [bold]backup games[/bold]. Now on to the question:

Will I be able to play backup games (NTSC/PAL) with the PS2 V9/V10 and the Swap Magic / Slide card combo? Do I need anything more than these accesories to play the backups/imports or will that suffice?

I'm sorry if this question was already asked but I really want to make sure so that I do not waste money.

PS: I also read in the FAQ that some PS2 do not even playback backup movies so how big is the chance that mine will not?

Thanks alot, PS2N

EDIT: What is the advantage of using the Memory Exploit if you still need the original Swap Magic Discs to play? Did I miss something here? ^_^'

Last edited: Sep 20, 2004
  2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

You will have everything you need (as long as you have a dvd burner also). the memory card exploit uses a ps1 game to trigger the exploit, but your right, to install it you need swap magic. its mainly for people who have friends with swap magic and don't want to buy it themselves.

3. PS2N

PS2N Member

Thanks for the answer, sly. But I still got two questions:

1. Is there a small possibility that my PS2 will not ready any DVD-R (DVD+R, etc) whatsoever or was this a bug in the older PS 2 models?

2. Is there any drawback on the V9/V10 PS2 compared to other versions (i.e. V7)?

Thanks =)

4. PupDog44

PupDog44 Regular member

I have a v10 and i put all my backups on -r and i have never made a coaster yet.

5. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

your ps2 will read -r and +r, it might even read rw discs. I believe having a v9/10 is better since they used better lasers. i have a v9 and have had no trouble with any game.