1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will This Work??? - DNAS

Discussion in 'PS2' started by erik1213, Apr 8, 2004.

1. erik1213

erik1213 Regular member

Hi, I have recently started using VirtualCD for my computer games so I don't have to insert the actual Game Disc to play my games. I was wondering...if virtual cd does such a good job making exact copies of the disc so u dont have to insert it, then is there a way maybe that we can use it to make an exact copy of a PS2 game so we can bypass the DNAS protection?

Also i have been reading about this way to bypass the protection.

http://home.rochester.rr.com/ps2ownz/online.html

Has anyone tried it? There is more information about this way on http://www.ps2ownz.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17099 and on the other threads on this site.

2. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

you CANT make a 100% working copy... BUT you CAN patch the dnas codes with a patcher... all you need is the original game... a backup... and the codes.. you patch the backup with the code... and you can go online... but theres this thing sony does and they ban your id from the servers... thats about it...

3. erik1213

erik1213 Regular member

So so u think it's even worth it to do it. Is there a way around the sony ban. Like could i use a different id or would i need to buy a new online adapter?

4. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

once they ban... you cant go back.. the id of the ps2 is inside the ps2 not the network card... they ban the id of the game AND the id of your ps2... you can notice this is when you come online and the dnas screen is just stuck on the loading or connecting screen... its worth it if you want to play backups online... but if you dont use backups and play online with originals then skip this... sometimes its better to use the original then later on be sorry that sony ban you from the servers...

5. erik1213

erik1213 Regular member

One More Question...Sorry If i'm annoying

Are the bans per game or total. Like could be banned on Need For Speed Underground and still go online with NBA Live 2004 or would I be banned on both?

Thank You!!

Last edited: Apr 8, 2004
  6. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

the game server itself... you be playing nba but not nfs... thats all...

7. prkl

prkl Guest

I think you have misunderstood it a little. I don't really know if sony can ban you or not, because it seams quite hard that they would need to print all the games with different disc id's (they don't do it with pc games either, they have the cd key on the box), in my opinion Paradox is just pissed off and all the games (or many games) have the same disc id.

Anyway, according to everyone (even the pissed off paradox) you CAN use the disc id from your own original game on your backup without ban or anything, as long as you haven't given it to anyone else...

Hmm, if someone wants to solve this disc-id thing, you should take many (original) games from the same area and look if some of them have different id's or not! Maybe I should do it, borrow some pop game like nfsu from many friends and see if any of the disc id's are identical.

8. Yaguchi

Yaguchi Regular member

so basically if I burn a copy for my cousin we both can't play online together because there's two of the same ID online? just asking because a lot of people on ps2NFO had the same DNAS ID

9. prkl

prkl Guest

Yes, if paradox are correct and sony really bans disc id's, although they would more likely ban the public one which 50 people use instead of the one you and your cousin uses... If they don't, you can use your cousins ID and it should be no problem. If I were you I'd wait and see, if the disc id's really get banned then people will start talking about how they were banned etc.

10. Yaguchi

Yaguchi Regular member

I should make him buy a copy I don't want to risk getting banned, but I doubt he has the money to buy a game