1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will this work?(Internal HDD Question)

Discussion in 'PS2' started by cskaniel, Nov 2, 2007.

1. cskaniel

cskaniel Member

I'm heading the way of internal HDD, because nothing else has worked for me well enough. So, I've got a few questions as to how I could make it work. Don't worry, I know what I need, just need help ironing out a few details.

1.I'm gonna buy an HD, Maxtor 120GB, and I'm kind of confused. It says I need a 3.5", and it has 'Form Factor: 3.5" x 1/3H' in the product details, but it also says...

Width: 4 inches
    Depth: 5.8 inches
    Height : 1 inch

Will this fit in my ps2/network adapter? And will it work? Am I an idiot for not realising that all the guys are referring to whatever form factor is when they say I need a 3.5"?

2. I've got HDloader patched, v0.8b, and I want to know; since I'm modchipless, and since the file in question is meant for a CD, could I just burn this and boot it up via slidetool and swapmagic 3.6? I'm pretty sure I can, as I did the same with USBAdvance, but I just want to confirm it first.

3. Can someone tell me how to connect the HDD to my PC without an external enclosure? And by extension, how to use winhiip in the process? Normally I'd just pop the discs into my ps2 and install, but after reading about how that could perform a fatality on my laser, I'd rather not.

2. cskaniel

cskaniel Member

Not to be an impatient arse, but could I please get a response as soon as possible? The HDD in question I'm getting off of eBay and the biddings ending in like, two hours.