1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

will you be getting the new psp lite?

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by shaney2k, Jul 16, 2007.

1. shaney2k

shaney2k Member

just wondered what everyones view on it is, if someone manages to get OE firmware onto it and the price is right i think i will. ive got lots of use out my current psp and paying the money again for a new one is worth it for all the entertainment it gives me.

2. xaznboitx

xaznboitx Regular member

Hm... can you please give me the link or picture that shows of the redesign PSP? I miss the PSP at E3 for some reason.

3. canuckerz

canuckerz Regular member

It sounds nice and all but it dosent really make me want to ditch my psp and run out and grab an unhackable (ATM) psp. It wouldnt surprise me if they put one of the same chips that the ps3 has that makes hacking it a pain in the ass. Besides if it isnt broken dont fix it.

4. Smurff

Smurff Regular member

i agree with the Canuck, nope.

5. mrmcman

mrmcman Guest

im gettin it, but only for legal stuff. i got one with M33 on it, thatll be my illegal stuff. psp slim will be the one i show the feds wen they bust down my door.

6. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

I'm with mrmcman.

But only if it's significantly lighter and longer lasting battery that's been advertised.

The only reason for me to get OE is to run game from MS. Since slim will have build-in iso loader, I don't mind forking over some dough to buy games from PSN.

7. Achooist

Achooist Regular member

Umm YA of course I'm getting a psp slim I reallllyyy want the ceramic white. Then I will have 2 and my old psp will be my gerbil and it will be trashed within a week so look for it on ebay

And my ceramic white will be.....PRICELESS

great you got me exited

8. mrmcman

mrmcman Guest

dont forget, the new one will not have homebrew. im not ditchin my fat one...

9. acewing

acewing Member

the new psp looks alomst the same as the old one, except for being lighter and skinnier and having some newer features.

10. Achooist

Achooist Regular member

It's going to be called PSP 2000.
    Sony makes it sound noobishhh.
    PSP Slim sounds better I think.
    Oh well.still getting one! =]

11. gacler

gacler Member

I will get mine basically for the TV OUT on it, grabing a bunch of movies and series on a 4-8 GB MS and then showing them on the TV is something I've always wanted to do, and the only way earlier was with the stupid pyramid looking camera...
    Will keep the fat one for games and stuff, since I'll get mine soon enough it will have the "oldest" firmware, thus, will be one of the first downgradeable PSP slim out there...

12. inkblotch

inkblotch Member

as my old psp is totally trashed, i guess i'll be buying the slimmer version this time. i don't mind not having homebrew for awhile. i can busy myself with final fantasy VII or some other game. but i do hope someone figures it out after a couple of months or so. the psp isn't half as fun if you can't hack it.

13. dolemitsu

dolemitsu Regular member

mrmcman, when I first read your post - I had a good laugh from it.

But then I remembered a couple episodes of 'Dallas SWAT' that I watched on A&E, and I remember them breaching someone's duplex with M4s for being a suspected chronic jaywalker (slight sarcasm), so you're probably not too far from the truth as far as the feds go...

14. marlino23

marlino23 Regular member

i guess im getting it, dunno how, im gonna need alot of money :D but i guess i am, psp's are my life :D hey guys, do you think that the firmware updates will be the same, like once 3.70 is out for psp slim it will be the same update for psp fatass.....? and the new battery i saw on youtube was 1200mAh i think, or it was just a random one, if so, i dun think it would last longer a day.

15. mrmcman

mrmcman Guest

indeed. its amazing what your tax dollars go towards. catching a person who hacked a little device is way more inportant than a mass murderer, by far...lol

16. marlino23

marlino23 Regular member

uh, oh hxxp://www.joystiq.com/2007/07/13/psp-firmware-3-60-reveals-hidden-usb-charge-feature/. with the more i red the more i doubt about homebrew on the new psp. it says on that site that the firmware updates are different, this means that even if there is an exploit found, what do you downgrade to? 1.50 won't work cuz it's the fat psp version's update. so the only hope of homebrew is that sony messes up and they forget to patch exploits in their new versions.
    note: replace hxxp with http.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2007
  17. mrmcman

mrmcman Guest

marlin, links broken, can u fix? i wanna see this
    edit, nvm, u fixed

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2007
  18. marlino23

marlino23 Regular member

Last edited: Jul 27, 2007
  19. mrmcman

mrmcman Guest

alright, i just had a thought: what if sony only made 3.60 as a test firmware for psp lite, to show off the features to people? then, come launch, theyll have 3.70, and all these features will disappear? theyll still be there, but not shown? any other thots on this?

20. marlino23

marlino23 Regular member

yeah sneaky bastards they could do this, and then if any exploits are found, they will adda new feature every time just to persuade people to update, maybe that'll happen mrmcman, doubt it, but maybe 3.70 will come out, it's possible, but now what happens to the other psp's FW!!! will they just stop.!