1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Win 2000 pro Help...Please!!!

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by Delmorte, Jun 6, 2007.

1. Delmorte

Delmorte Guest

I hope this s the right spot for this post guys, if not I'm sorry and a little confused.

OK here it goes, this sounds shady but I just pulled a laptop out of my closet to use for a while, I had used it in the past for school and no longer felt the need for it. I cant remember the password for windows 2000 professional NT. So far I have went through the admin
    ( where you push F10) and I couldn't figure out anything. Then I ran a disk that was supposed to set the passwords back to a recommended blank space but there was no effect, I still had to use the existing passwords which of course I don't know. Then I went back to go to the admin and the password for that changed along with the fact that my disks wont boot. It goes right to the sign in screen.

Is there any help for this? I don't mind reinstalling windows but I will need to purchase a new copy if it will even boot it.

Thanks for all and any input.

2. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

just put in your restore disk and that will soulve your problem

3. MasterChu

MasterChu Guest

Moving to Langjökull in Iceland - so all the info I posted is moving with me!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2007
  4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member