1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Win Rar

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by jaybee68, Aug 27, 2007.

1. jaybee68

jaybee68 Member

My os is windows Xp sp1, verytime I open my computer an error always appear that some application cannot read and winrar installation pop but doesn't run. can anybody help me what does it mean and how to fix it..

2. onya

onya Guest

Get SP2 from the MS website.

WinZIP and WinRAR are applications that compress files, so that they can be distrubuted or stored in a smaller form. Why send a file that's 4GB in size, that can be compressed to a smaller format? makes sense yeah?

When any file is ZIPPED you need the appropriate software to UNZIP the contents. Both WinZIP and WinRAR have trial periods before paying for the full versions. If you download a file in any Zip format and you don't have the above programs, then your system CANNOT recognise the files. Period.

Personally speaking, I'd go with WinRAR and be happy that you paid for it. WinRAR is the most common file type of it's kind (IMHO) at present.

When or if you decide that RAR or ZIP is the best for you, then you'll need to know what to do with the files afterwards. Go HERE FOR MORE INFO!

It's an easy to follow guide made by AfterDawners for AfterDawners.... :)

Enjoy...