1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Win98SE issues recognizing V180

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by SimonBar, May 19, 2005.

1. SimonBar

SimonBar Member

I am about at my wit's end with Win98SE on my laptop. I have downloaded all of the Win98SE drivers I could get my hands on (including the ones posted on this forum) and still can't get my V180 to communicate with my laptop.

My V180 interfaces fine with my WinXP Pro PC desktop.

When I first tried hooking up the V180 to my Laptop Win98SE machine, Windows would recognize it as a Moto V180, but when it would look for the drivers, it always said it could never find any that "matched" my hardware, regardless of what drivers I had on the disk. After looking over the Moto support page, I followed their instructions and copied the download drivers directly into my C:/Windows/INF directory. The first batch of drivers I downloaded still wouldn't work (some error message as before) until I discovered the link on this website. I downloaded these "new" drivers to my laptop and now it recognizes the phone and installs the drivers and it shows up as a "modem". However, I cannot access the modem, dial out on it, nor will the P2K/Mobile Phone Tools interface with the phone.

Any advice?

2. SimonBar

SimonBar Member

Update... In my previous post I stated that my V180 interfaces with my WinXP machine. It does interface, and I can use the tools to upload pics and ringtones. However, I cannot get the modem feature to work. It will go to dial the number but then immediately hangs up after the numbers are dialed and gives me an error message saying no connection detected. Any ideas?