1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

winamp vs realplayer vs system volume

Discussion in 'Audio' started by kase5280, Jan 13, 2005.

1. kase5280

kase5280 Member

I thought this would be a simple question to answer thru my usual methods of 'Googledancing' but alas I am still without a resolution. I wish to keep separate volume controls for RealPlayer, Winamp, and my system volume control. Is this possible?

I tried a couple plug-in's from winamp.com without any luck. The issue is simple - I want to be able to watch streaming videos (from a site to which I subscribe to monthly) thru RealPlayer while being able to "mute" all audio from RealPlayer. At the same time play all my favorite tunes on Winamp Internet Radio.

please oh please tell me this is possible :)

many thanks !

2. deepfried

deepfried Member

i think real player is a pretty crappy player to be honest, i dont have it but i remember it used to adjust the system volume and stuff when you adjusted the player volume. being realplayer, you probably cant change this. i would suggest therefore that you download 'real alternative'.

3. The_OGS

The_OGS Active member

Winamp, RealPlayer, Winamp Internet Radio - they are all WAV to Windows.
    Open your Volume Controls during playback and tick 'mute' on WAV: all formats will be muted, MP3s, whatever; anything.
    If you wish to mute RealPlayer, it will have to be from within RealPlayer itself.
    Then Winamp will play, and not be muted. Sounds simple enough...
    Does your RealPlayer not have an audio mute?
    If it doesn't, you're bunned ;-(
    Later