1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WinAvi 6.3 - Won't burn VOB files to DVD, needs MPEG/DVD codec maybe?? HELP!!

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by Joshh347, May 4, 2005.

1. Joshh347

Joshh347 Member

I want to burn an AVI to DVD. I convert it fine (and VERY quickly & easily compared to most other programs). But then when I go to BURN the DVD with WinAvi, I load the VOB files and stuff into the burn list and then click Burn, but it just sits there. It says its starting to Write, but it doesn't do ANYTHING. No percentage, no estimated minutes, nothing. Just sits there. I tried clicking on "view more information about the file" in the menu, and would click on the VOB files and I got a message saying something to this effect (I'm at work so I dont have the exact wording of it):

"Needs proper MPEG/DVD codec to convert files, go to www.winavi.com/codec.htm to download the files"

When I go to the link theres no page there!! What do I need to download to make this work??

Could this be why its not burning the VOB files to DVD or is it a different issue?? How can I fix these?

Just to see if the burning aspect of the program worked, I converted AVI to VCD and burned it just perfectly onto a CD but I want to burn to DVD.

I also tried the SVCD so I could fit the movie all on one dvd, but it did the same thing as the DVD. When it came to the burning part, it just sat there, and did nothing.

MY MAIN CONCERN though, is about the burning the VOB files to DVD, so I can do AVI to DVD...

THANK YOU!!!

JOSH

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

Why not just use a different Burning program Like Nero???

You just Run nero and select "DVD Video" as your Burning Mode and then just drag the "Video_TS" folder that WinAVI created for you(The Folder with the VOB,IFO & BUP file in it) from the Right side of the Nero window to the Left and then click the Burn Button....

You do not need any codecs to Burn a DVD.....

If you want to try a Fast encoder that actually Produces prefessinal Quality then maybe Try the "MainConcept Encoder" as it is a far better Quality encoder as WinAVI and Just about as Fast...
    The Best Quality and Fastest encoder on the Market is "CinemaCraft Encoder SP 2.70" but it is Fairly advanced so you need to have a Advanced Knowlege of Mpeg encodeing to use it to it"s Full Potential....
    The only problem with this encoder is it Costs $2000 so most can not afford it but it"s quality is far superior to all other software encoders and it is Lightning Fast....

Cheers

3. darts180

darts180 Guest

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2005
  4. darts180

darts180 Guest

5. 12lost

12lost Guest

I downloaded all that shit and still does not work. Someone must know that the stupid thing needs. Plain and simple according to them, mpeg/dvd codec compatible with winavi video converter but since i am a dummy and I downloaded all their stuff, I cannot do it.
    hellllllllllpppppppppppppppppppppp
    pardon my language
    i am frustrated but it's nobody's fault
    please help me.
    I don't know how to use g-spot, it's too complicated.
    heellllpppppppppp pleaseeeeeeeeeee

6. zincy

zincy Member

i had the same problem too
    all be it with dvd to avi on winavi 6.3
    but 6.2 seems to work fine

7. gilera

gilera Regular member

Suggest you download kazaalite codec pack which is free.

8. 12lost

12lost Guest

Have you used it Gilera?
    Can you let me know all the programs you are using with it if you are using it?
    thanks for the reply

9. gilera

gilera Regular member

hi 12lost, I am using winavi 6.3 with kazaalite codec pack with no problem but i have just started to use VSO Divx to DVD which i find is better than winavi because not only does it make chapter points but also it will then allow you to use Shrink which winavi will not at the present time. I use Power dvd and vlc on computer and nero to burn.

10. DaisyLin

DaisyLin Member

hi, I used winavi for a long time. And everything goes well. Well, if you still got some problems on running the winavi video converter, why not contact at support@winavi.com for some solutions?