1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Winavi conversion time

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by jim_80, Mar 24, 2005.

1. jim_80

jim_80 Guest

Hi can anyone plz help me i am new to burning films to dvd i have purchased winavi it claims to convert avi to vob in around 90 minutes but for me it is taking around 4 hours+ averaging around 5 frames per second conversion i have read it can do 40-50 fps no sweat HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!thx

2. macca1990

macca1990 Guest

hey man im a n00b to and i use winavi 6.3 but whatever version u have u should'nt have paid for it just got a crack instead anyway When running winavi close down all other programs turn your screensaver off and stop any d/l's if that doesnt help maybe you just need to go to your pc and clear some space and one other thing you could try is when you are converting click the advance tab and check the settings 4 maximum quality and time results hope i helped!!!

3. jim_80

jim_80 Guest

i have already tried running it with no other programs going i dont have a screensaver,i defragged my comp last night and i have 20 gig of free space.sorry i really am a noob what are d/l's????????

4. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

What are your computer specs?
    Processor?
    Memory?
    Video Card?
    Hard Drive Size/Make/model?

5. jim_80

jim_80 Guest

processor 796mhz(onboard pro 1500+ processor)
    ram 752mb
    hard drive 40gig
    not sure of video card specs but my comp plays dvds and games with no probs and i dont know the make and model of my hard drive

6. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Sorry but with the limited specs you gave your processing time is going to be slow. All of those have a role in processing video.. With the processor and video card being the biggest part. Your processor just isn't big enough to handle the conversion of the video. Also you not knowing your video card make or model leads me to believe it isn't a very high end card. To check everything you have you can go to <control panel> <system> <hardware> <device manager> you should be able to find out everything you have there. :)

7. jim_80

jim_80 Guest

nice one i'll get back to you

8. jim_80

jim_80 Guest

bbmayo thanks for all your help i have now discoverd that my comp only has a intergrated graphics/video accelerator. if i got a video card would this solve my problem.

9. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

It wouldn't totally solve your problem but it will help speed things up a little bit. Your biggest downfall is the processor :-(. Is that an AMD XP1500?

Probably not going to cut it when it comes to encoding video. You just need to really make sure you have nothing else running during the process. Your memory is alright, but what type of memory is it? SDRAM, DDR ect..

10. jim_80

jim_80 Guest

my processor is not a amd but it is a relatively new comp less than a year old. the processer can take up to 2gig of ddr or 1.6gig of sd ram at the moment i am running 752mb of ddr ram @266mhz.what type of video card would you recommend 64mb/128mb ect..

11. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Man video car?? hmmmm
    Well you can get a pretty decent 128MB DDR video card for under 40$ nowdays and that would be fine. Try to look for one with the nVidia chip like MX GE Force 4000 or higher.
    You could also get a pretty decent all in one card with TV tuner (so you can watch/record TV on the computer) for around 75$ up to 250$.
    It all really depends on what you plan on doing on your computer really.
    So what is your processor? (right click on "My Computer" and click "properties")

12. jim_80

jim_80 Guest

my processor is a via samuel 2