1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

winavi converter to dvd shrink to Nero 6 = problems

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by bdizzle, Jan 13, 2005.

1. bdizzle

bdizzle Member

okay, I will try and be as specific as possible but please feel free to ask any questions to help you help me even more ;)
    I acquired the avi file of Troy. upon converting these files to dvd files, i ended up with Disk_0 and Disk_1 (folders)
    the disk 0 contained nearly 4.2 gigs worth of movie (in 5 movie files) but was only 3/4 of the movie. The Disk 1 contained two movie files, one nearly 1.5 gigs and another smaller one. The 2 movie files in the disk 1 have identical names as the first 2 movie files in Disk 0. so when i initially try to burn them with nero, i add the first folder without a problem, then i go to add the second folder and it wont let me add it because the 2 files in it are "identical" to two others in the Disk 0 folder. Even when trying to add all these files to Nero to burn on a computer that can double layer burn a dvd (doesnt need shrink) the same thing happened. I tried combining the two folders, renaming files etc.. I also tried to shrink the files using dvd shrink, but it would not let me stating it could not open the folder and use the files within it. If anyone follows this cuz i have a lot of confusing stuff here, but if you are still with me, any ideas or suggestions would be awesome, thank you

2. hursty

hursty Active member

did you use nero vision express to convert your files?do these files contain the same info?

3. bdizzle

bdizzle Member

I used winavi video converter

4. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

i get this sometimes. dunbo why it happens, is quite irritating....but...
    found a way around it - i use dvd2one; this merges the 2 together. as i say, still haven't worked out why this happens, bt as long as dvd2one can sort it, no probs for now..