1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WinAvi - DVDShrink won't open converted files - HELP

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by chemical, Jan 23, 2005.

1. chemical

chemical Guest

i try to open the folder containing the converted dvd files from WinAvi and get the follwing error massage.

[bold]DVD shrink encountered an error and cannot continue :
    Failed to open file "C:\xdvd\DISC_0\VTS_01_04.VOB"[/bold]

it's driving me nuts because I use downloaded AVI files and I want them on DVD. WinAvi will burn the converted file but won't compress it so i only get about an hour and half of the file.

2. 1860

1860 Member

I get the same message but it's vts_01_03.vob instead.I am thinking it has to do with the vob files winavi created. Because I don't get a vts_01_03.vob file. I get vts_01_01, vts_01_02 and then get vts_01_022 and vts_01_0222.vob.

3. chemical

chemical Guest

yep.

I think we need one of these experts to help us out here. I've tried a few different things to solve the problem: but to no avail.
    I'm thinking of converting the AVI file into a WMA file and then trying NERO 6 to pop it onto a dvd.

I'd much rather use shrink though.

4. Veblin

Veblin Active member

WinAVI has it's own burning engine and it should probably be used to burn the DVD files that it creates. They may not be compatible with DVD Shrink.

If you want to put a longer video on the disc you will have to change the settings in WinAvi. The program doesn't know what you are trying to do. Use the Advanced button to change the Output settings and select a lower video quality which will create a longer video.

5. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

I know this post is very late but I was just reading it and all you have to do in shrink is hit re-authoe and then browse to your files and drag them from the right window to the left window. You can't open them by using the "Open File" method in Shrink, but if you just use the rauthor it works fine. :)

6. dnaughton

dnaughton Member

When im using winavi v6.2 to convert avi file to dvd,only problem is after burning is when i play the dvd its in black and white.any soluntions?

7. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

black and white?

is this on a play station 2?

anyway its a NTSC film playing on a PAL system! or visa versa....