1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WinAvi error message?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by six5gent, Apr 2, 2005.

1. six5gent

six5gent Member

Hello, is there anyone out there that can help me. I was using WinAvi to convert all my avi files to
    VOB files and then using nero to burn them to a dvd. It was working fine, I mean everything worked like a charm. Now for some reason when I select the file to be converted in WinAvi right when it goes to load the file I get an error message saying:

"Can not render the graph, please make sure that your media file can be played by Windows Media Player"

I am running windows media player 10 and real player 10. All of them say that I have the ability to play .avi files but when every I try to open a .avi file with either player it always says error downloading codec and the file cannot open.

Can someone please help me out.

2. rdpuk

rdpuk Guest

Hi
    i've had this error before. what it usually means is`that windows media player can't find a codec to play the VOBs on your system. once you've installed the required codec winavi works just fine

3. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

try loading FFDSHOW codec pack

4. six5gent

six5gent Member

Thanks for the help guys. I found out that I did not have one of the codecs i needed. I got a Xvid codec from WMVplugins.com and downloaded it. Everything is up and running now.

Once a again thanks for your input.