1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WinAVI OR TMPGEnc?

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by rjessa, Apr 3, 2005.

1. rjessa

rjessa Regular member

Which one is the better of the 2? WinAVI OR TMPGEnc. Does anyone with experience know? I need to buy one right away. Or is there another that is better in the long run with more features. I need to create home made movies onto DVD's and VCD's (For Africa). I already have Nero (Latest Update version). I have used trial version of TMPGEnc and WinAVI. I think TMPGEnc is better, but I need some experienced users to let me know, I am just very very new to Video editing and DVD burning. Also what video editing software is excellent? I am currently using Win MM2. Your responses would be greatly appreciated.

2. Daemon404

Daemon404 Regular member

In my opinion CCE SP is best, but iwouldnt recommend that because it's like $2000. Between those two, I ike TMPGEnc, I use it for VCD's and SVCD's, and sometimes DVD's.

3. Minion

Minion Senior member

Tmpgenc is Definately a Better quality encoder than WinAVI but WinAVI is a Lot Faster but for the same Price you can get "CinemaCraft Encoder Basic" or even better "Canopus Procoder Express" which are as good or better than Tmpgenc.....

Cheers

PS: as for Video editors I guess it depends on what your needs are as you don"t want to spend a Bunch of Money on a high end Editor that has Features Galore when you don"t need all of those Features...A good all arround editor that is fairly cheap is "Video Edit Magic 4.0"