1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Winavi problem

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by Arced, Feb 9, 2005.

1. Arced

Arced Member

I am using Winavi 6.2 to convert AVI to DVD burnable format. But when I'm finshed converting and use Nero to burn it, it hugely exceeds the 4.7gb DVD size. But I only converted 6 episodes. For the advanced settings bit, I adjusted the ratio height to 90% and the constant video size was 4700mb. Still nothing. I never had this problem before and I can't figure out what to do now.

2. rebootjim

rebootjim Active member

Try VSO Divx to DVD, TheFilmMachine, or DVDHive.
    VSO will probably be the easiest, and it's free.

3. Arced

Arced Member

No, I tried those and as much as everyone recommended it, I didn't like it at all. WINavi is something I'm used with. Can't figure out why WINavi is encoding those episodes more than usual. On an off topic note, what's another way of stick at least 10 AVI on one DVD?

4. rebootjim

rebootjim Active member

There's an easy way (questionable results) and a good way.
    The easy way, is to re-encode all the episodes into one big mpg, then author it, then use DVDShrink to make it fit.
    The good way, is to encode all your video using something like KDVD templates in tmpgenc, then author.
    When you use Winavi, you must calculate the TOTAL size of all episodes added together, then set the output size, so all 6 fit on one dvdr. If you set each to 4700, each one will attempt to be as large as possible, trying to fill up 4700mb.
    You might be able to use DVDShrink on WinAVI's output (the .vobs etc).

Last edited: Feb 10, 2005
  5. Arced

Arced Member

Actually, I'll rephrase the question a different way in case I confused anyone as I really want to stick with winavi. I use Winavi 6.2 to encode 6 avi as a DVD burnable format. When I'm finished converting and use Nero, the resulting conversion meant that it won't fit onto a standard DVD disc. I use 90% reduce screen and am still stumped as to what I should do.

6. rebootjim

rebootjim Active member

Let Winavi convert, author in Nero.
    Use DVD Shrink to make it fit, then burn.
    Your other option is to re-encode them all at a lower bitrate so they fit.