1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

winAVI question

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by pchan424, Dec 16, 2004.

1. pchan424

pchan424 Member

Every time i open winAVI on my computer it gives me the message. "your system does not have the following engines or are not installed correctly. RealMedia codec 9 or higher." is that significant? I was just wondering if someone could tell me if that would affect the programs use at all? i have burned successful dvds but can someone tell me the way to fix that? thanks

2. gilera

gilera Regular member

Download the codec as it says.

3. pchan424

pchan424 Member

Well... i looked for that one on the interenet for a bit and i couldnt find it. I wasnt sure if it was a codec you could just download or not. Anyone have any idea where i can get RealMedia codec 9 or higher? thanks

4. gilera

gilera Regular member

Suggest you try one of K-lite codec packages they contain virtually all you want and are free.

5. pchan424

pchan424 Member

I found what i needed guys. I just download the Real Alternative codec from http://www.free-codecs.com/index.htm for anyone else who has the same problem. Thanks for tryin to help

6. Brice123

Brice123 Member

hey guys, I get the same error screen saying I don't have the right engines or codecs installed, but I downloaded and installed the real alternative and then tried the klite one. I have downloaded several others, which are the extact versions winavi is asking for, but it won't recognize that they are on my computer. Is there something I have to do to activate these codecs or something. Thanks guys

-Brice

7. nist

nist Member

To get the message to disappear do you need to install the original real audio codec. But the real alternative will let you play real audio media with any mediaplayer.
    The message is only significant if you need to convert real media, which is very uncommon. I have never done and it will not make any difference for other parts of Winavi to function.