1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Winavi removes extra audio track

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by Garry1963, Sep 20, 2013.

1. Garry1963

Garry1963 Member

Hi everyone,

I have a .vob file in which I have several episodes of a tv series. I wanted to extract and convert a particular episode. To do this I used Smartripper.

When I played the extracted episode through VLC player the directors commentary track and subtitles were there as I wanted them to be. But after converting to Mpeg1 through WinAvi I played the episode back and found I had lost the directors commentary track and the subtitles.

Is there any way I can configure WinAvi to keep these subs and audio track during the conversion process.

Thanks

2. attar

attar Senior member

I don't know anything about WinAvi, however if your making a VCD -
    - then you are limited to one audio stream and the subs have to be burned in (permanent, not switchable).
    The audio problem can be got around if you create a new stream where the left and right channels have different audio.
    I've made VCD's with subs and separate audio channels using freeware, but it's one large PITA.