1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Winavi sound trouble

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by truth721, Jan 9, 2007.

1. truth721

truth721 Regular member

ok so i'm using winavi again after like a month and half. i had klite megapack and i uninstalled it. so i converted an avi to dvd and the picture quality is good, i mean really good but the sound is nothin but white noise. is there a problem with my codecs or something. if anyone had this type of problem or know the answer can you help me out. thanks

2. mistycat

mistycat Active member

Not sure, sounds like a codec issue. Install GSpot and open your file in it to see if the proper codec is installed.

3. truth721

truth721 Regular member

it might be codec trouble um is there a way to uninstall all my codecs and reinstall the ones that i need.

4. mistycat

mistycat Active member

You could try Add or Remove in Control Panel. That should work.

5. truth721

truth721 Regular member

the add/remove programs i read something like that on this site but i dont see how to do it. and i dont see any codecs on my add/remove ;ist besides divx

6. mistycat

mistycat Active member

Not sure I understand but go to start>control panel> right click and open add or remove and click on the item you wish to remove and the option to remove will appear. Programs under Computer may show more items.

7. truth721

truth721 Regular member

i did that but all the codecs i have on my computer dont show up except for divx

8. mistycat

mistycat Active member

Sorry, don't know then. I just used the Kazza Lite codec pack and now XVID and AC-3, all of which show.

9. truth721

truth721 Regular member

hey hear is some new info. i tried a different program. convertxtodvd and the sound was there. no problem. so i guess its just winavi. i'll uninstall the program and reinstall it and let u know what happens

10. mistycat

mistycat Active member

ConvertXtoDVD is a great program and I would highly recommend it. WinAvi is good, too, but did cause me some problems although not sound related and one shouldn't work while the other doesn't. Maybe, the reinstall will fix things.

11. truth721

truth721 Regular member

convertxtodvd is a good program it allowed me to put 13 episodes of kamen rider kabuto on one dvd but i had overscan problems, the subtitles were gettin cut off so i use winavi to create a letter box effect to keep everything in the screen. but sometimes when i convert the video looks distorted but i bare with it at times. my main issue with converting avi to dvd is overscan problems. i mean there are good programs out theres like tmpgenc. but the 3.0 Xpress version is slow i mean very slow in converting stuff. so i just use winavi and dvdshrink to make dvds. my goal is to try and fit 10 episodes on one dvd. on some i can but some i cant but its getting there. i know that the boxsets in anime have like 3 dvds and there are like 25-27 eps but i'm trying to lessen the amount of dvds i use. the kamen rider series have like over 40 plus eps i'll estimate it to like 50 eps. Um i like tmpgenc dvd author but i wish i had version 2.0 i have 1.6 i think and thats good for basic authorings but i like to do more like ad music and try to create professional dvd menus. i have nero but compared to tmpgenc nero adds more megabits for some reason. but its still a good program. i sometimes run into problems with nero thinking i'll use one dvd to burn something when i end up using 3. the first 2 times nero will have a problem and i end up wasting dvds, they need to do something about that. but yea i reinstalled winavi and the sound and everything is back to normal.

12. June_0606

June_0606 Regular member

13. truth721

truth721 Regular member

mpeg 1 is dvd right?