1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Winavi unable to source the file for conversion

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by steveche, Apr 16, 2007.

1. steveche

steveche Member

I've recently replaced my harddrive but since then WINAVI is no longer working. Everytime I tried to open a video file (RM, RMVB, AVI etc..) always comes back with something like 'unable to open, locate the source file'. I've reinstalled the K-lite codec and later also tried with Storm Codec but no use. All files confirmed can be played back with my Window player as well as any other players. Please help me out thanks....Stephen

2. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

Did you do a clean reinstall of WinAVI?

3. steveche

steveche Member

I did try evgerything. All my options are pretty much exhausted.
    Need your help. thanks

4. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

The errors seem to be those one expects when you have a corrupted program or at least a program that has saved settings that have changed because of the change in the hard drive. You may need to uninstall WinAVI and then do a registry check to try to find and eliminate any registry items not removed by the uninstall. Maybe run a registry cleaner after uninstalling WinAVI. I don't use the proggy myself but that would be my best guess as to where the problem lies. It's also possible there's another program interferring.

Did you reinstall all the applications from scratch?