1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

window 8.1 , IE 11 Problem With Facebook Timeline

Discussion in 'Windows 8 discussion' started by neil2047, Mar 15, 2015.

1. neil2047

neil2047 Member

I was Quite please with myself Successfully Upgraded my old HP slim pc to windows 8.1 all running fantastic better than the pc had ever done , that was until today , Im the administrator for a Local facebook group and I was notified by one of the members that posts were missing from various people that had been recently uploaded , concerned I checked and found there were missing posts , I also noticed when I went into my own personal timeline that I couldn't access old posts , during the course of the day these dwindled to approx. 5 posts , I checked settings in facebook , did all the usual no viruses , other webpages loaded fine , tried logging in via the Norton facebook app and directly through IE 11 nothing I did worked , I tried another desktop pc , this was running windows 7 , same result , also a laptop different av product bitdefender , still couldn't access any more , I then installed chrome browser on the laptop and all the posts as far back as last year were visible , not on the two desktops , I reported problem to facebook , no reply as of yet , A number of people on other groups reported 14 people have had similar problems , I thought Id ask on here I suspect its incompatibility with internet explorer or a windows update ....Its impossible to admin do anything I hope someone on afterdawn can help

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

on your win7 pc, update both java & adobe flashplayer to see if that corrects that problem with ie11. if works on win7 then try that on win8.1.