1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Window Media Player Problem

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by bcvolk, Jan 13, 2007.

1. bcvolk

bcvolk Member

I'm not sure if this is the right spot or not? If it's not, please let me know where you would like this post.

I've recently transferred all of my videos (mpeg, avi, etc.) from the hard drive of my last computer to the hard drive of my new computer. I don't know what the issue is, but every time I try to open the videos, WMP opens and plays the video in a much larger view. By this I'm only able to see mayber a 1/4 of the video within the screen. For example, the top left corner of the video has zoomed to take over the entire screen of the player. I've tried to change the size of the video either smaller or larger. I've also tried 'Fit Player to Video at Start up' or 'Fit Video to Player at Start Up'. I've also used RealPlayer to view them. Neither seems to work. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. My last computer was running Windows XP and my new one is running XP Media Center Edition 2005. Windows Media Player 10.00.00.4036.

Brian

2. DVDBack23

DVDBack23 Administrator Staff Member

not to insult you, but are u sure WMP isnt zoomed in at 400 percent? It has happened to me before.

3. bcvolk

bcvolk Member

Yes, I went to 'View' and tried 50%, 100%, and even 200%. It's always the same. I've got the same issue with every media player that I've tried except for when I'm using the Window Media Center's video player. Any other ideas?

4. DVDBack23

DVDBack23 Administrator Staff Member

Have you installed all the codecs and set Media center to not be the default player?