1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows 10 Start up issues

Discussion in 'Windows 10 forum' started by libbo2003, Jun 22, 2016.

1. libbo2003

libbo2003 Regular member

hi guys
    the other day I started up my pc which is running windows 10, logged in fine and then went to open up Morzilla but the computer froze on the firefox homepage I tried to open Task manager to close down the browser but nothing I did was helping the pc was completely frozen. So I powered down by removing the power cable from the back of the pc. Left it afew minutes and then restarted the pc.I got this error
    Windows Boot Manager
    File \Boot \BCD
    info.An unexpected i/o error has occured

every time I tried to reboot I get as far as the blue screen with the windows logo or a blank screen and that was all the pc will do.
    I have shut the pc down and tried to reboot afew times and still got no further then the windows logo. So went to my laptop and made a usb windows 10 file from windows and tried to reboot my pc using that via F12 key still no joy. So I have now made a recovery dvd windows 10 disk and also tried to reboot using F12. I get as far as selecting the dvd drive and it saying press any key to boot from dvd,cd drive also as far as the windows logo screen. Has anyone got any information on how I can get this pc going so I can get to trouble shoot advanced page or even re=install windows 10? Looked on youtube and loads of windows forums and most say make the usb/dvd windows 10 copies which I have, and others say fix using the advanced trouble shooting features but I cannot get windows to boot up to access that feature.

The pc is a Acer Aspire M5810

2. mahlemuts

mahlemuts Member

check your bios - might only allow secure booting (dont think the dvd is seen and pc keeps booting into your failed windows) if you can access bios (usually DEL or F2) enable legacy in the booting menu and retry the dvd again, that might let you re-install or repair windows.

win10 does seem to cause a lot of problems, I would roll back to 8.1 or 7 if you can.

good luck

3. libbo2003

libbo2003 Regular member

Thank you for the response win 10 does not let you use F2 I can access F12 or delete/enter will try hold down delete/enter and see if I can access bios and enable legacy.

4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

5. libbo2003

libbo2003 Regular member

6. ddp

no problem.

7. megadunderhead

megadunderhead Regular member

its not a hard drive issue the windows 10 anniversary update has problems with older hardware including older chipsets and webcams

8. ddp

the problem with that is that the anniversary version came out early august way after this problem had started so think again.

9. aldan

aldan Active member

im running a chipset older than dirt and no problems with the anniversary edition.dont think thats it.