1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

windows 2000

Discussion in 'ratDVD discussion, help and suggestions' started by gozing, Jun 7, 2005.

1. gozing

gozing Guest

will this program ever be windows 2000 compatible? I hope so...

2. Oopsla

Oopsla Guest

That is something I want to know also.

3. A.Petrov

A.Petrov Member

What troubles you have in Windows 2000? Did you try last version RatDVD 0.6?

4. Oopsla

Oopsla Guest

The program description says for XP only. I do not know of earlier versions. I will check them out.

5. A.Petrov

A.Petrov Member

At http://www.ratdvd.dk Windows 2000 is in the supported OS list - both for transcoding and watching movies.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2005
  6. drvette85

drvette85 Member

Ok ... I am looking for an answer here. The ratDVD site states that you need Windows XP for it to work. Has anyone tried it on the Windows 2000 Platform???

Don't want to go the XP route.

7. rocky999

rocky999 Member

I did not finish it yet because it is kinda of slow, but it does seem to run on win2k. That was one of the changes made to the latest version.

8. Oopsla

Oopsla Guest

Oh yes indeedy it does work on 2000. My initial writing was on version 0.5. The 0.6 version works well. I wasn't too sure what it did but now I understand. Kinda neat. Now I am going to search to see if the "codec" is available for a MAC. (I understand that I need to make the file on a PC but wondering if I'll be able to view it on a MAC with the right software). This I will search for an answer no need to reply.

Thanks!

9. drvette85

drvette85 Member

Thank you everyone for all the information.
    If ratDVD will compress like it states and still produce DVD excellent sound and picture quality then it will sure be a handy program to have.

10. milfzor

milfzor Member

yes...so far its a very nice program......and just verified LPCM compression works just fine (i actually have a dvd with LPCM audio!)

11. TheGrynch

TheGrynch Member

Has anyone tried on Windows 2003 Server??