1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows 7 and 8 Windows 10 patches make a return

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by ireland, Oct 9, 2015.

1. ireland

ireland Active member

Windows 10 patches make a return on Windows 7 and 8

If you are running Windows 7 or 8 and don't want to upgrade to Windows 10, you are in constant battle with updates that Microsoft is pushing out to those systems that are often labeled compatibility updates but appear to be designed mainly for getting users to upgrade their systems to Windows 10 or adding snooping capabilities introduced in Windows 10 to previous versions of Windows.

One of Microsoft's goals in regards to Windows 10 is to get as many users as possible to upgrade to the new operating system. The company wants to get more than a billion devices running on Windows 10 in the coming years and one way of making sure that this is going to happen is through the free upgrade offer to Windows 10.

read more

http://www.ghacks.net/2015/10/09/windows-10-patches-make-a-return-on-windows-7-and-8/

2. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

what updates are they sending out. I thought I already made it hidden so it won't ask me to update to Windows 10 anymore.

I tried Windows 10.... liked the sleek look but didn't like it taking over my computer at every moment and finding some of my programs not working or updating old drives and found my audio not working and constantly rolling back drivers that windows 10 updates at startup again! it got to be such a hassle that I wanted to roll back to 7 only to find out that the options WASN'T AVAILABLE TO ME ANYMORE! Good thing I had my installation disk and had everything backed up. The one thing that came out of this was a clean install and now computer running like it came out of the box! I'm enjoying my old machine better than ever and hid that stupid upgrade Update so it won't put that update into the IMPORTANT update options anymore.

ok......... just read article........... looked at my windows updates and found OPTIONAL updates with the ones mentioned in article and HID them so they don't show up anymore! Thank you for the heads up on this..... with all the aggravation I had with upgrading to Windows 10 then clean install of Windows 7 this heads up saved me more time an effort! thank you ireland for that!

Last edited: Oct 11, 2015
  3. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

the update kb3035583 showed up 3 times on a customer's computer that I'm presently working on & I had to hide it 3 times. it definitely wants in.