1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

windows 7 not remembering my view settings

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by ganni666, Jun 13, 2012.

1. ganni666

ganni666 Regular member

i just recently had this problem before, my desktop icons are resizing by themselves after a reboot
    from small size to medium size. even when i go through a folder and arrange the icons from list to medium view, when i reopen again, they come in list again. i then made a new user account, and it solved my problem, after a few days my antivirus was scanning my pc and it detected a trojan horse virus, from that point i got the same problem again. i think what it does it deletes some files from the shell folder and deletes from the bag folder which you find them in regedit, but i don't know for sure. i also downloaded a microsoft fix it, and does not works, it gives me an error, and also downloaded a program named shell folder fix, but nothing. please can someone help me out about this problem thanks.

2. JST1946

JST1946 Regular member

3. ganni666

ganni666 Regular member

4. ubaid12j

ubaid12j Member

Last edited: Jul 3, 2012
  5. ganni666

ganni666 Regular member

yes i did scan it by avast and now it did not found it its been already 2 weeks since i removed it.
    it was a hidden file in the installer folder, it was like a lot of numbers, i went into it and deleted the 3 files it has, then i deleted the number file, from that day it did not appeared anymore.
    now my problem is how can i get back my windows 7 to remember my view settings?