1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows 7 Screens

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by EWOcelot, Jan 11, 2009.

1. EWOcelot

EWOcelot Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last night I had a dream I was installing windows 7 until 4am. Wait it wasn't a dream, it was real. And no the installation did not take that long, I had to run out and get somd DVD discs. I actually did a clean Install because of some unmentionables on my last windows install. Now I am running smoothly installing drivers and games.

2. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Hows that going for you buddy? Ive not had TOO many problems. Pretty minor stuff. For instance, A slitely older of 2 printers driver was incompatible, installed a vista driver and Vwalla! Nice screen shots man :D Looking like IM gonna need more ram. Wont be difficult for me to use up 2gb!

Last edited: Jan 12, 2009
  3. EWOcelot

EWOcelot Member

Im really surprised. Moments after the installation I did think about how it may have been a mistake to delete my vista installation since this is still a beta and things may not work with it. After two days though, no problems. Ive installed tons of drivers and programs I would normally use and they had no problems installing. One bit of warning though, punkbuster does not support windows 7 yet so you will be kicked out of multiplayer games that use it.

2 gigs will actually be fine unless you play games like me. Its actually faster than Vista.

4. SProdigy

SProdigy Regular member

I was quite impressed too. Only bugs I encountered was the Snipping Tool refusing to close (even after ending the process) and in order to setup AntiVir, I had to right-click and "run as administrator" since I didn't get the typically 30 UAC popups you would see in Vista.

5. EWOcelot

EWOcelot Member

You can turn off UAC on the control panel. But for some reason or another, not sure if its a bug, if UAC is turned off, the windows sidebar doesn't work.

6. EWOcelot

EWOcelot Member

Here is another screen.

[​IMG]

7. Shokz

Shokz Regular member

Hey, i know that technically i should start a new thread for this, but since one about 7 is already here, i may as well ask here; why does Windows feel the need to create two icons for the same exact thing on the taskbar for Windows Live Messenger? (You can see what i'm talking about here with two different settings - http://bayimg.com/jaMHkaabp ) It has one that says my name and status on it "Adam (Available)" and another the same as the older Windows O/Ss with the words "Windows Live Messenger" on it, both pull up the same window and both are definitely connected to the same window - close it and both icons disappear.

It's using twice the space for the same window, which is really annoying, and it looks stupid too. Do any of you guys know if there's any way to make WLM display as only one icon?

Last edited: Jan 14, 2009
  8. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

There is a discussion thread here for windows 7 as well. Im afraid I dont/havnt used WLM. Sorry.

9. Shokz

Shokz Regular member

Thanks, i'll post there (I've got other comments to add, too, in line with that thread).

10. EWOcelot

EWOcelot Member

The window that shows your display pic only. If you close that you are signed out of messenger. THe window that shows the messenger UI. If you close that its only going to close the window.

11. cee43ja1

cee43ja1 Regular member

[​IMG]

the system performace shot of windows 7 x64 beta.

but the best part, NO WATERMARK! :)

win7 is on a separate drive. it is not used as the main OS. more like the play OS.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2009
  12. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Heres a thumbail of Windows7, running multiple browsers, Multiple gadgets, and a cheap(lol) Wallpaper. I change my wallpaper several times a week, I just thought I would go with a typical W7 theme, Something dark, like my mood, LOL.. just kidding. Perhaps I'll upload another tomorrow to fit the page.
    [​IMG]

13. EWOcelot

EWOcelot Member

Nice wallpaper, any chance youll share it with us?

14. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

15. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

Is the Windows paint in vista the same as xp? It was my understanding that windows 7 addressed updating windows paint as well. Though... You cant believe everything you read on the web, LOL :)

16. cee43ja1

cee43ja1 Regular member

xp and vista are the same. 7 is completely redesigned. it looks like office 2007.

17. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

If your speaking of windows paint, I LIKE IT. I use it for quick simple tasks. Dont get me wrong. I LOVE adobe photoshop, but the simplicity of windows paint keeps bringing me back. LOL, one things got me abit confused though. Cant seem to find the circular draw tool. If it doesnt have that, I may have to use photoshop for that. I'll post a new screenshot of windows 7 today. Im hoping for something VERY NICE!

18. ooZEROoo

ooZEROoo Regular member

I have just installed the beta and I have to say I am impressed. It is a lot more stable in beta than Vista was at release. It still has a few bugs but nothing that I have seen that is too obnoxious.

19. EWOcelot

EWOcelot Member

They couldn't afford to make drastic changes this time.

20. omegaman7

omegaman7 Senior member

ummm...isnt touchscreen support fairly drastic enough. That sounds to me like pretty intelligent computing. Im sure they had their hands full with that one. I MEAN NO OFFENSE. Just my 2 cents. Besides, how does one Surpass the look of vista. atleast in our era. I think vista/and 7 look VERY cool. If you have a high end system RECOMMENDED, then you'll benefit from it. Myself, Im getting sick of looking at the plain look of XP. Though im aware of ways of making it look better. Just wait until Style Vista/7 comes out. OH WOW!!! Style XP is sure AWESOME