1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows 7 startup on a old macbook pro

Discussion in 'Mac - General discussion' started by richietea, Dec 24, 2013.

1. richietea

richietea Regular member

Not sure if its a mac thread or windows thread to be honest.I required a macbook pro 1150 and installed windows 7 premium o/s as i dont have snow leopard or any other software that could work.Everything works fine within windows,all bootcamp installations have been updated.However if there is a lockup or the system needs to be started unexpectedly you have no other options other than start windows normally and a repair option.How do i use a mac keyboard to make my selection out of the o/s environment.I cannot see how to select up or down to either repair or start windows normally.Any ideas? I mod consoles through windows and i have managed to avoid using a mac until i was fixing this one for someone.Second question is does anyone know what mac o/s needs to be acquired for this model.There is no stickers on the underside all i know is that its a core duo,1 gig ram and an ati 1600 chip and was made in 2006 and is a macbook pro 1150.Many thanks guys..

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

3. ps355528

ps355528 Active member

open solaris 12 would work great on that.. as for the "no keyboard until os starts".. you have to preload a keyboard driver with the correct keymapper.. I'm guessing it's a usb driver you are actually missing somewhere, or it's disabled in the hardware

Last edited: Dec 29, 2013
  4. MichaelPhillipis

MichaelPhillipis Newbie

I then remembered that I had an old MacBook Pro Core Due 2 (Mid 2010 model) lying around that I didn’t use...

5. richietea

richietea Regular member

Many thanks guys for the replies.Not too sure how i would acquire a keymapper that would load before starting the o/s though.Thoughts? I have seen and looked at keymappers that run via windows.Bootcamp has limited functions and i don't suppose it runs its purpose with the windows startup selection.