1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

windows 7 won't run printmaster 7.0 deluxe

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by joejo, Mar 17, 2012.

1. joejo

joejo Member

I have a problem with software companies that sell you an expensive product such as my printmaster 7.0 & has no fix for it to be able to run on windows 7 or so they tell me. They want me to buy another $200.00 program that will probably be junk in a year. My computer is a HP TouchSmart 600 Quad series with 2TB 7200 rpm SATA 3b/s hard drive. It has windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit. Does anyone know any way to get my computer to run the printmaster program? I know that you can get what they call a virtual Xp for most windows 7 programs but not the Home Premium 64 bit. Any suggestions out there?

Last edited: Mar 20, 2012
  2. JST1946

JST1946 Regular member

3. GryphB

GryphB Regular member

Have you tried running it in compatibility mode?

4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

that program was for windows 95\98 so you are at least 11 generations behind as latest is 18 & 2012. can get it for about $40 according to this link. http://www.printmaster.com/

5. joejo

joejo Member

6. joejo

joejo Member

Yes I know that but I did pay a lot of money for the one I have. The new program will not run what I have on the old program.They have offered it to me for $10.00 less & I did purchase it. But thanks so much for your reply

7. joejo

joejo Member

I did try & it wants me to download a vertual windows xp which is not available for my windows .

8. JST1946

JST1946 Regular member

9. joejo

joejo Member

Here again it says it is not available for my windows. the following is what it says.

You are not eligible to download Windows XP Mode. You must have Windows 7 Professional, Enterprise, or Ultimate to run Windows XP Mode. To upgrade visit Windows 7 Anytime Upgrade.

The upgrade cost is the price of a new windows program professional or ultimate.. Thanks so much for your help. If you get any more info please let me know