1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows 8.1 folder settings

Discussion in 'Windows 8 discussion' started by Ghoul66, Jun 17, 2015.

1. Ghoul66

Ghoul66 Member

When I had Win7 and when I first got Win8.1 if I opened "This Pc" (Win8.1) or "My Computer" (Win7) it would show me all of my external drives that were connected, as well as the disc space that was used and available for each drive. All of a sudden 8.1 decided it didn't want to give me that information anymore. Now when I'm in the large thumbnail setting it only shows the drive with none of the properties. In order to see the disc space used/available now I have to look at the properties of each drive individually. How do I get it back to the original settings?

Attached Files:

2. 2oldGeek

2oldGeek Active member

3. Ghoul66

Ghoul66 Member

I read that article and the two that it linked to at the bottom but I couldn't find anything in them to answer my question but the article that you posted did include a graphic that will show you basically what my page looked like before the change. Notice the bar next to each drive that shows how much memory you've used/available with text below each bar. That's what I'm talking about.

Edit: Btw, I went into the view tab and tried all of the different settings but none of them brings back the info that I want.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 18, 2015
  4. Ghoul66

Ghoul66 Member

I found it! It was under ->view->options. I clicked restore defaults and now it's back.

5. 2oldGeek

2oldGeek Active member

Yeeeee Haaaaaa! [​IMG]

Glad you found it.
    20G

Ghoul66 likes this.