1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows 8 Developer preview: Q&A

Discussion in 'Windows 8 discussion' started by megadunderhead, Feb 12, 2012.

1. megadunderhead

megadunderhead Regular member

So lets start a Q & A Here at after dawn we do need one for a lot of issues.

i will begin.

Question: i heard there is a developers preview out for windows 8 do i have to download it from a torrent site.

Answer: no the developers preview is currently available from microsoft for free to download the preview deactivates itself after march 12 2012

Question: is it true windows 8 requires a windows live id for certain features inside the start menu.

Answer: yes right now the developers preview requires windows live it is integrated into the build portion of the start menu in the developers version. look for the icon called build windows.

Question: Can i use a activation exploit on the developers preview.

Answer: no you cannot because this version of the developers preview contains new anti piracy measures that are always on and connected to the internet if you attempt to mod the files windows 8 will deactivate restart and ask to reactivate windows don't try don't bother.

Question: do i really need 1 gig of ram to just run the developers preview

Answer: Yes i would recommend it because currently from what i have used and seen myself of this preview its more stable with more ram.

Anyone else run into anything