1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows 95 ics

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by 11jstedm, Jul 5, 2007.

1. 11jstedm

11jstedm Member

ok, well I was going to use these 4 computer's I got for autosurfing. I have one connection (wireless) and I have a (lan)router (that I could possibly use). Does anyone know how to share the internet between all of the computers. One of the computers has xp so i could maybee use the internet connection sharing on it prehaps??

any help would be appriciad

2. Morph416

Morph416 Active member

For Windows 95, your best 'hassle-free' (and I say that lightly) way, could be to set up the Router. Connect all of them to the router and allow the router's DHCP server to assign IPs automatically.

On our network at home, it's a simple one...nothing fancy. But when I've had to connect comps running 95, 98 or ME...I've just had to plug in the NIC cable and it was off and running.

3. 11jstedm

11jstedm Member

acually Yesterday I just upgraded them all to xp. A big hassle. Would the same apply to them now, prehaps?

4. Ripper

Ripper Active member

You just need to set up a wireless network so that all the computers can connect to it - provided they have a wireless card or such.

Alternatively, you could run ethernet cables round all of them.

5. 11jstedm

11jstedm Member

well, thats what was plan to do.My Main Computer has a wireless adapter on it (a belkin usb),and an ethernet port ,and I want to forward the internet to the ethernet port whitch frwards the internet to a router whitch gives the internet to all of the other computers. when I plug multiple computers in at once every computer and the router gives me an network collision error. It's a "Dlink 10/100 fast ethernet switch". Can anyone help me out? any help would be valued!

Last edited: Jul 6, 2007